What it is
While telematic systems, like Raven, are great at keeping you in the loop during the work day, with live tracking and alerts, you might not always have the time or the awareness of an important occurrence. Reporting frameworks enable holistic views providing the ability to identify business impacting trends. The Raven Connected Reporting feature rounds up data collected through its advanced telematics capabilities. It presents this data in a consolidated reporting framework for owners, managers, and supervisors to review and take action to improve their business operations.
Benefits of a Reporting Framework in your Telematics Solution
Individual events are important to monitor for timely incidents but they do little to tell the story of your driver’s performance. Rounding up this data can tell you whether one of your employees is slamming on the breaks a little too often. Paired with media events, showing if they’re following too closely, driving distracted, idling for excessive periods or just a little too pedal heavy our reporting framework provides the coaching tools to improve driver behaviors.
Review regularly driven routes to identify redundancies and improve efficiencies. Reassign employees to different sites to save time and improve productivity.
While optimizing routes and improving driving performance both have the potential to reduce your costs, another report type also has the potential to provide additional reductions. Vehicle DTC reports identify if any trouble codes have been present across your fleet, making sure you take action before they become costly repair bills. The stop report also comes to aid by identifying excessive idling for routine cost savings.
How it works
Raven plugs into the OBDII port in vehicles to power the device and to pull several data points from the vehicle. In addition to this data, the device is packed with sensors, including a GPS module, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, air pressure, and temperature. Raven processes data points based on driving habits then shares them to the apps via real-time alerts. It then takes these alerts and packages them into rich reports for managers to identify trends and potential issues with their workflows or driver behavior. Report types currently include:
- Trip: What time did your employee get to the pickup zone? Was a vehicle driven outside of company hours? Get an overview of vehicle usage in Trip Reports
- Stop: This report can be used in your workflows to validate timesheets and customer billing or investigate the misuse of company assets and time. It includes a detailed view of all parking and idling events over a specified timeframe.
- Activity: Understand the complete driving activity of your employees combining elements from the Trip and Stop reports for a clear view of all driving and parked activity.
- Event: How are your drivers performing? Identify trends in poor performance and take action to get your business back on track.
- Geofence: Configure Geofences in the ‘Geofences’ tab then monitor all interactions from the report. Are vehicles being used for pleasure, leaving the city? How many times did your employee leave the jobsite to grab a coffee? Find the answers to these questions in Geofence reports.
- Device: Are all of your Raven devices online? Which device is in which vehicle? Need info on the given Raven to troubleshoot a problem? Check out device reports.
- Vehicle DTC: Time for your vehicle to be serviced? Take a look back in the calendar to see if that vehicle was presented with a fault code and get it taken care of in a timely manner.